Monday, 14 September 2009

8 running...6 to go..

So I have been working for 8 days straight now..went to office even on Saturday and Sunday...and will continue this uninterrupted chain till this week too. That is such a drag considering the fact that it means being caged in a glass facade building, sitting in front of a PC, smoking at stipulated breaks and all such corporate dogma. The problem with corporate dogma is that in its aim to increase productivity, it is terribly short sighted. Spending time inside office does not equate to productivity. This is something the most managers (at least the ones I have encountered) fail to understand. Anyway, the irony of the situation is that the imminent future makes this whole 14 days of continuous work so pointless for me, yet it is also THE reason why I am going through with it.

The good part is that after this non-stop work fortnight, I leave for home for 11 days. A much needed break.

However the week is taking its toll and my plans for everything else have been postponed till the time I return from home.

P.S. I am currently reading Sputnik Sweetheart by Murakami, and I think I am already in love with Sumire..

No comments:

Post a Comment