Sunday, 21 March 2010

Stirfried beef, tattoo and a promise of good music

After ages of designing, redesigning, changing the concept, fiddling with vector handles, napkin sketches, being inspired, I finally came up with a design for my second tattoo on Friday night. It was true to the original concept and matched the style of my first, which was essential because it was to be inked above the first.

So there I was, at the tattoo artist's studio on Saturday evening accompanied by Joseph. I got my second tattoo and am delighted about it. It looks like one big tattoo on my arm now, but is actually two different tattoos, now isn’t that clever or what?

You don't get any pictures of the tattoos though. I am very possessive about my tattoos. I don't pick them from dime-a-dozen tattoo flash books or sites. I spend days and nights designing each and every one of them. Each holds a very special meaning and signifies a part of me. These are parts of my soul, things that have been and will always be a part of me. So there..

But of course, I could show them to you in person, if you are that curious..

Somehow the cost also matched, exactly the amount that was allotted for it. This also meant sadly, that the after party of the tattoo had to be cancelled.

But anyway, the afternoon had started with a beer at Joseph's and ended with a delicious meal of stir fried beef in coconut. I was also gifted a pack of the beef curry. All in all a very satisfying weekend.

Also in news, I hear one of my favourite new bands from the North East, Boomarang will be playing next week at my college fest. Obviously, next week looks good.

P.S. Happened to browse through the Rolling Stone magazine's [Indian issue] list of top 25 Indian bands; the only band from the North East that seems to have made it to the list is Soulmate. I love the music of Soulmate, personally I would place them in my top 5 bands from India, but I find it hard to believe that they are the ONLY band from the North-East that made it to the list. Clearly these guys were not looking hard enough..

8 comments:

  1. Where do I begin?

    I've sheen better tattoos.
    I've had better beef.
    Manipur hash better bandsh (but they're shtuck in cushtoms in Calcutta).

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ rozhie

    show me a coushin ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all congrats!!!
    getting atatto is like a having a new baby, and as a fellow tattoo er, i can understand the possessivenes!! and the proud feeling ur having..and ur so lucky, rather ur using your designer talents to ur advantage, poor me..im still searching like mad for the exact thing i want, i know i wont get it but 3-4 good reference pics which can get the tattoo artist to develop(which i hope he or she would be able to visualize) after seeing those pics, but i dunno..anyways, thats besides the point!!
    did ya get ur tattoo done frm the same shop u recommended me???

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks. only a fellow tattoo lover can truly understand the joy of a new tattoo :)
    nah...i could not get an appointment there, weekends being very busy.
    so i found this new guy..he is very good..Mo's Tattoos...Lee Shop, South Ex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okays, if u can, do mail me this tattoo artist's contacts..

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's 25 indian rock bands? took me 2 years find 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. there are a lot of good bands out there. unfortunately the bollywood-driven music industry here drowns them..

    ReplyDelete