Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Tales of Winter

Winter is almost over !
It has been a cold winter, speaking metaphorically, rather than meteorologically (thanks to my cold-challenged physiology).

Without going into the gory details, let me just say we were flat broke. And I mean cannot-afford-food broke ! Anyway, now all that is behind us, thankfully.

The good part of passing through such winters is it strips you of all the "fat"; in my case , I had over the years, acquired quite a bit of social fat in the form of an extended social circle. This winter saw the circle diminish considerably, lot of people fell off, flaking like dead skin; some, came out of the blue and offered fire during the coldest nights. I had hinted on this on a previous post.

Now, Spring approaches, and you who fell, don't expect any calls from me..

1 comment:

  1. fitness is always good..however watever i lost in weight this winter i gained in a much envied tan, spending majority of my time in sun & sand!!...

    ReplyDelete